At a Glance
Located in Central Florida, Orange County includes the city of Orlando and a dozen other incorporated municipalities.
World famous attractions, the nation's second largest convention center and year round sunshine help make Central Florida a top business and vacation destination.
Seven elected members serve four-year terms on our Board of County Commissioners, including our mayor, who is elected countywide.
Most Orange County Government offices are in downtown Orlando. The Orange County Administration Center is located at 201 South Rosalind Avenue, Orlando, Florida 32801.
- Population: 1,288,126 (90% urban, 10% rural).
- Land area: 903 square miles.
- Water area: 99 square miles.
- Density: 1,269 people per square mile.
- Consumer price index: 93.5 (U.S. average is 100).
- Leisure and Hospitality: 19.2%
- Government: 3.0%
- Education and Health Services: 18.6%
- Average commute: 26.4 minutes
- Residents living and working in Orange County: 67.8%
- Average Orange County household size: 2.76 people, state: 2.62 people.
- Owner-occupied Units: 237,326
- Renter-occupied Units: 186,283.
- Median Household Income: $47,556, Per Capita: $25,052
- Median Rent: $1,036
- Median Home Value: $161,900
- Median mortgage: $1,546